Censor Upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R

redacted

I need to follow Lermontov on this. This has no use as an educational tool for new divers. You state you were not in danger and this was not accidental. Well if that's the case it a very bad tool to new divers, or divers in general.

What would be interesting is to see this scenario as an incident (oooops I ****** up) and then your measures how you can avoid this in future. I'm not pointing a finger. When I was a beginning diver (about 80 dives) I accompanied an experienced instructor, and we ended up OOG (both within 1 min of eachother) at still reasonable depth (60 feet) while having about 20 min of deco. My internal evaluation was what in the end pushed me to make significant changes to the way I was diving. It's that kind of investigation/analysis which might be interesting for new divers (gasplanning). Not how to act when you are in that situation underwater, because honestly a new diver will not act in the way you just described.

In the end it's not hard to avoid this situation by having appropriate gasplanning.

Finally if I was in that situation as you describe I wouldn't give a rats ass about "deco". It's a matter of priorities, and priority NO 1 is to breath... specially if you are so close to NDL. If it's a dive with significant deco you are basically dead if you have no redundancy. I'm a very easy going guy when it comes to diving.... there is only 1 guy I made the conscious decision never to dive with again, and this was a technical diver who was repeatedly violating minimum gas planned.

Might want to add to the db.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom