Censorship and SB..how far are we going to take this???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again, thanks for the input! We are in the final stages of a New Mission Statement and a New ToS which will be released later this week. You will see a few of the suggestions from this thread incorporated into those documents, but not to the point where we will be having a free for all. Much of the attraction of :sblogo: is the moderation. After all, we don't need the flame fests we find on rec.scuba or other forums! Respect and friendliness should rule the day! I think you will like what we came up with and I will be sure to post a link back here for you to ponder.

It will be interesting to see the new changes.

Do any of them include Mods Christmas carolling throught the halls perchance? :wink:

Dr. Suess would be proud of you.

... he shouted ... down ... the block ... :crafty:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

.... and I remember the days when "the holidays" was known as Christmas !

I like the thanks option. Sometimes I agree with a post or find it very helpful.

I do wish we could modify the thanks option. I wish I could find all posts that say member NWGrateful had been thanked for as well as find the posts in which NWgrateful has thanked people. I find most (not all least his head become to big for his mask and prevent him from ever diving again) of his post really informative and really respect what he says. Sometimes a guy like him, Uncle Pug, TSandM, lamont or other will toss a post that has a lot of meat in it and I think it is great that people flag those. I think it is also worth being able to search what posts such people think and read what they find note worthy.

From being on the board a while you get a sense of what one of the above people might thank verses someone like me, Jep, pikki, Redrover and so forth. If you really get along well with someone one the board or admire them it might be helpful to search out both things from their profile.
You can only search for posts that another member has been thanked for. The system has no option to determine who has been thanking people the most.

It's done through the link on the user profile (lower right corner).

.... and I remember the days when "the holidays" was known as Christmas !

... and I remember when gasoline was 16 cents a gallon, four out of five doctors recommended Lucky Strikes, and you could rent a house for $30 a month.

... times change ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... and I remember when gasoline was 16 cents a gallon, four out of five doctors recommended Lucky Strikes, and you could rent a house for $30 a month.

... times change ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Did you walk to school, up hill, both ways? :D

please don't hurt me!!!

Did you walk to school, up hill, both ways? :D

please don't hurt me!!!

... in snow up to my eyeballs (I was the short, fat kid) ... :blinking:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom