Cert card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chkultr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What is the time frame for receiving my certification card once my instructor turns my information in?

Josh
Virginia Beach, VA

Usually a week to 10 days has been my experience with my students getting cards. If not then just give your instructor a call.

Good Diving,

Mine was mailed the 28 of Jul 08 and today is the 6th of Sept and I have not received mine as of today. My instructor also said 5 to 10 days but when he called last week they said they were 6 to 8 weeks behind.

What is the time frame for receiving my certification card once my instructor turns my information in?

Josh
Virginia Beach, VA

Keep in mind that you can still dive using your log book that your instructor signed after you completed all of the requirements for certificaiton in place of your c-card.

Mine was mailed the 28 of Jul 08 and today is the 6th of Sept and I have not received mine as of today. My instructor also said 5 to 10 days but when he called last week they said they were 6 to 8 weeks behind.

Interesting this has not been my experience. Actually the cards are automatically printed when submitted online, so something doesn't sound right here. I'd call SSI personally to see what the story is?

I'd be happy to call them for you if you'd like to PM me with the information.

Good Diving,

We can't or haven't been able to get a hold of our instructor to see if he has even turned our stuff in. The lds gave us his cell number but it goes straight to voice mail. He has not responded to our e mails either. It is getting very frustrating.

We were also told it would probably take 6 weeks. I was just hoping that was a mistake!

Thanks for the information!

No way. Couple of weeks, tops! If you can't get a hold of the instructor, make the shop do it. I've had the unfortunate situation of having an instructor that was terrible at paperwork. Never sent it in, then sent it in incorrectly. Stay on top of this as best you can. Speak to the shop owner if this goes on too long. Again, make them track down the instructor.

We can't or haven't been able to get a hold of our instructor to see if he has even turned our stuff in. The lds gave us his cell number but it goes straight to voice mail. He has not responded to our e mails either. It is getting very frustrating.

We were also told it would probably take 6 weeks. I was just hoping that was a mistake!

Thanks for the information!

It has been only a week since we have completed our ow dives! We sent him an email last Saturday. I think a week is more than enough time for him to respond to our e mails and voice mails. I also looked on the lds web site to check out the local diving report and ther he is on 9/01/08 driving the boat.

As a newly certified diver I am excited and just want all my stuff to be right and finished. We were issued a temporary card from another instructor inside the store. But who wants a temporary card that expires in 30 days. Hell if this keeps going I will have to go back to the store and get another temp card to go on my vacation which I will be diving!

We couldn't do our cert dives with our instructor because he was not cleared to dive due to the fact he had/got dcs. I am wondering if he is pissed that we did them with another instructor. Tomorrow afternoon I will go to the lds and talk with the owner she what if anything she will do!

Josh
Virginia Beach, VA

Be sure to follow up with SSI. I have four SSI cards yet SSI has no records on me.

.......... Signed: PADI bound for good reason

:shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom