Certification in Metro DC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MJG2112

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all!

Do you have any recommendation(s) for dive centers in the metro DC area that would certify a new diver? A friend of mine lives in the city and would love to get certified soon, but doesn't have a car this summer. Many thanks for anyone who has a lead -- I'm already certified myself and live in Boston, but I am hoping to get a new dive buddy out of this :)

Mike

I've had great interactions with Blue Planet Scuba. It's located in DC. I've not taken any courses from that shop, but I've purchased gear there and I've gone to happy hour events they've set up. The only other shop I've had experience with, and again, no training, is Coral Edge Adventures. It's located in Manassas, so a bit far if she doesn't have a car.

Thank you Jill, thanks Travis! These are very helpful, I checked both out, and for anyone else interested, they are definitely offering Open Water courses and are on the DC subway for easy access.

Really appreciate your recommendations!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom