Certified early 1970, records lost, Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Certified early 1970, I think, lost records, any way to find?

Who was the certification agency, perhaps they can help you replace your card?

Is there a dive op that you used to dive with still around, maybe they have still have you in their records.

Do you at still have your log book showing dates and places where you dived or is everything missing?

As said already, what agency, have a log book? Actually if you have not made any dives recently take an open water class over again. Not been diving since 70's ? Really need to take course over.

If the agency was NASDS, they merged into SSI.

Also, almost all records were lost in a fire at NASDS in 1977. My luck, I originally cert'ed with NASDS in 1976.

See http://www.interocean.com/pdf/SSI_RplcCrdFm.pdf

Replacement Cards – 1977 NASDS Fire. We may not be able to locate records in our NASDS files because of a fire that occurred at NASDS headquarters in 1977, destroying all previous records.
That said, if you're planning to dive again, I would strongly recommend taking at a minimum or (probably better) the full OW certification.

Diving technology and practices have changed so much in even the past 5 years, that diving today is practically a completely new sport. Not to mention the much better understanding we have of nitrogen, DCS and stress. And dive computers...

I did the full vert from scratch with SSI after about 8? years "dry". Best (diving) idea I ever had.

Back
Top Bottom