Certified when I was 11!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elya Shaw

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone, I got my OW PADI certification through Great Pacific Diving in Surrey B.C, when I was 11 years old, diving was some of the best memories of my childhood. I'm now 32 and haven't done any dives since I was 12!! :( So only a year or dives logged. (Not bad for a 12 year old ! )

It's been on my bucket list to get back into it, just recently my fiance bought a mask and started snorkeling around and fell in love with the water. He's now hooked and wants to do a OW course. So here we are doing as much research and gaining as much information as possible! Stoked to be on Scuba Board getting back into the community!

We live in Burnaby B.C ! I look forward to getting back into the water and meeting some good people as I've lost touch with all the divers I used to go with when I was a kid!

Hey everyone, I got my OW PADI certification through Great Pacific Diving in Surrey B.C, when I was 11 years old, diving was some of the best memories of my childhood. I'm now 32 and haven't done any dives since I was 12!! :( So only a year or dives logged. (Not bad for a 12 year old ! )

It's been on my bucket list to get back into it, just recently my fiance bought a mask and started snorkeling around and fell in love with the water. He's now hooked and wants to do a OW course. So here we are doing as much research and gaining as much information as possible! Stoked to be on Scuba Board getting back into the community!

We live in Burnaby B.C ! I look forward to getting back into the water and meeting some good people as I've lost touch with all the divers I used to go with when I was a kid!
Start start over again. Take course with fiancé.

Welcome...I agree you too should take the full class with your Beau....start fresh and enjoy the wonders that the sea has to offer.

Welcome to SB! I agree you need to take the OW course again. The sport has evolved after that many years. And there is no such thing as too much training. :)

Thank you! I should have mentioned in the original post that we are going to be taking the course together. There is no way I'd get back into the water with such little experience...

From some threads I've been reading it looks like some people tend to do that, so thank you for having our bear interests in mind :)

Any feedback on where to take the course would be greatly appreciated ! We're looking to do it spring of 2019 when the weather warms back up as fall is not to far away. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom