Ch ch ch changes...those little goals we make

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ten hundred hours.

early is pronounced like this:

0530 is oh five thirty.

0600 is oh six hundred.

Once you hit double digits it goes:

1000 - ten hundred

1300 - thirteen hundred (1:00pm)

Its simply a representation of the 24 hour clock.

It makes much more sense but I still have to subtract 12 before I know what time it is

yeah, I had a guy in my squad that found it helped to take his shoes off. But he had 6 toes on each foot, so it doesn't work as well for the rest of us...

I went out with a friend of mine yesterday who works for the navy as a civilian and had been in the airforce forever. We had to get to a party so I asked him what time it was. He looks at his dashboard and says "4:00" I asked him how he knew and he said he looked at his clock. WHAT CLOCK? I ask. Sure enough. He has his clock set to 24 hour time. When I saw it, I thought it was the frequency of the radio station he had on. :rofl3:

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I don't want to jinx myself but honestly, I think I have finally adapted to eating normal sized portions. The portions I used to think were so small. The other night I thought I would finish all the leftovers in the fridge. I heated up 2 ribs, a chicken cutlet, a scoop of peas and a scoop of mashed potatoes. I ate 1 rib, half the chicken, peas and potatoes and I was stuffed!! I am finally listening to my body and don't eat beyond the full point. I hope it lasts.

I went to a potluck BBQ yesterday and didn't come away uncomfortable like I normally would at a food free for all. I honestly do give thanks for this miracle.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I don't want to jinx myself but honestly, I think I have finally adapted to eating normal sized portions. The portions I used to think were so small. The other night I thought I would finish all the leftovers in the fridge. I heated up 2 ribs, a chicken cutlet, a scoop of peas and a scoop of mashed potatoes. I ate 1 rib, half the chicken, peas and potatoes and I was stuffed!! I am finally listening to my body and don't eat beyond the full point. I hope it lasts.

That's fantastic! It is a good feeling, isn't it? I ate a bit more than usual during my weekend camping trip, but it's funny that what I consider "pigging out" now is an amount that I would have considered "not nearly enough" in my heavier days.

Keep up the good work, FB!

I tell you, it is a major break through for me.

no walking for a bit. daughter got careless with a roman candle on the 4th & burned a hold in the top of my foot. I've been treating it with beer, wine & rum.

no walking for a bit. daughter got careless with a roman candle on the 4th & burned a hold in the top of my foot. I've been treating it with beer, wine & rum.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:Sounds like the most logical medical course of action to me, but I would probably add in something illegal.:wink:

Well, yesterday, for lunch, I decided to go all out. I went to the cafe downstairs and got a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato (now they fried it on a buttered grill and DON'T use low-fat cheese) so it is really bad for you. And to top it off, I got French fries. Now, most of the food this place makes really sucks, but they have a pretty good guy on the grill and their French fries are to die for. I think I eat French fries once a year, and if I am going to splurge, these are the only ones worth the calories. AND...they give you an humongous amount. Luckily, I ran into a friend of mine on the way to the plaza outside (where I was going to eat and enjoy the perfect weather) and she asked for a French fry. I'm like "Girlfriend, you can help me eat the whole thing":rofl3: So I dumped them out on my tray and we're both standing there, dipping them in ketchup, talking about how these are the best French fries for miles around. The only ones worth the calories. :rofl3: After she was done, I went outside and let me tell you, that grilled cheese sandwich was exquisite. My taste buds were having an orgasm. :rofl3: And even with her help, I couldn't finish the French fries that were left. I was so full I didn't even eat dinner. The scale says I gained 1 lb. but I thought for sure that meal was good for a 2 lb. gain.:wink:

I think it's important to indulge ourselves once in a while. Constant deprivation sucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom