Chamber Dive & Computer Question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK OK OK .... I must admit I'm enjoying a London "summer" over a Jo'burg winter....

NOW!!! Where to dive? Suggestions? Please? Drop me a mail.... (the little email link below actually does work!)

Cheers
LM - stuck in London, bored... missing diving

... what email icon? You don't appear to have one. Suggestions for UK diving - well it depends what you're after. You could try Stoney Cove in Leicester (although if you go at the weekend, be there about 6am otherwise be prepared for a LONG wait!! Alternatively, there are a couple of good inland sites in Wales (Vivian and Dorothea) although Dorothea may still be closed.

Other than that, there are tons of excellent coastal dive sites dotted around the entire UK. I haven't dived on the South coast yet as I live up North, but I'm sure others on the board can suggest good dive sites for you!

Good luck!!

Originally posted by scubadude
OK OK OK .... I must admit I'm enjoying a London "summer" over a Jo'burg winter....

NOW!!! Where to dive? Suggestions? Please? Drop me a mail.... (the little email link below actually does work!)

Cheers
LM - stuck in London, bored... missing diving

I've replie here so that everyone can read it......

London - so for a w/end away you probably want south coast. How many dives have you done?

Not many -
Portland - wrecks like HMS Hood - pre WWI heavy cruiser sunk in the mouth of Portland/weymouth harbour a good 20m dive. If you have access to a boat you can spend 3 or 4 dives on this to fully explore the wreck.

Cornwall - contact cornish divers - they run plenty of trips and have some fantastic scenic dives

Brixham - there are 3 dive places in Brixham and they all run trips to a wide variety of places plenty of diving in less than 20m

Swanage - swanage pier is a classic dive LOTS of wildlife to see (by UK standards anyway!)

A good suggestion is that if you are a PADI diver to find a PADI club in London and tag along with them - they will organise lots of trips. OR pop out to the local news agents and get a copy of diver. You will (together with a road map of the UK) be able to find any number of places that are a suitable distance, and a quick phone call will sort you some diving.

More adventurous diving is generally done by a gruop that charter a hardboat for a w/end and they often go 5-10miles away from the shore.

Jon T

Back
Top Bottom