Change of gear / configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brian cooper

Contributor
Reaction score
For many years I've been diving with a long hose on my primary and thats the one the OOA budy is told to grab, and a pony (3litre) with MY second reg bungeed round my neck, my BC is fitted with a fully automatic inflater/reg/Auto-air(simmilar in principle to an Air II).
I am now contemplating a change from a 15 litre plus 3 litre to a twin set 12's with isolation manifold and a wing (22 kilo lift) to supliment the bouyancy of my BC, I wear a drysuit with inflater.

What are the thoughts on configuration as I've got 256 permutions to chose from (regs are both Apeks DST 1st stages)?
My initial ideas are:-
Right pillar valve: primary with long hose, wing inflater, air integrated computer, and dry suit feed.
Left hand pillar valve: MY second reg bungeed on necklace,
BC inflater(and Auto -air).

Whilst this might not be considered DIR it gives me the chance to dive with a single bottle without having to swop pipework.
The pipework is still not as neat as I would like as the long hose is fitted with 3/8"UNF at the reg end but I do have both 3/8" and 1/2" ended hoses that can be used on the bungeed reg.
Both the wing and the BC are fitted with Auto-air's and use the same hose fitting, but the drysuit hose is different.

Rip me to shreads or contibute I'll accept both options, or move me to another thread if the monitors think its in the wrong place.

Cheers from England

Brian C

My initial ideas are:-
Right pillar valve: primary with long hose, wing inflater, air integrated computer, and dry suit feed.
Left hand pillar valve: MY second reg bungeed on necklace,
BC inflater(and Auto -air).

Your right, its not DIR.

DIR answer:
Right: primary on long hose, wing inflator
Left: backup on necklace, ds inflator, spg

No AI Computer, No auto-air and you seem to have 2 wing/bc inflator.

If you have twin bag wings how do you DIR inflate them? manually and from your air supply...
If you have 2 off wing feeds which goes from which reg so that you'll always have one that works? In the case of a double problem you could always swop the hose from one to the other???
Substitute SPG for AI computer

brian cooper:
If you have twin bag wings how do you DIR inflate them? manually and from your air supply...
If you have 2 off wing feeds which goes from which reg so that you'll always have one that works? In the case of a double problem you could always swop the hose from one to the other???
Substitute SPG for AI computer

Dual bladder wings are not DIR, thus there is no DIR way to configuyre your rig for them. I would repost, or ask the moderators to move this to the general tech forum if your looking for opinions on how to configure that cleanly.

I dive with doubles almost exclusively, however I've recently begun making mid-week beach dives and am considering breaking down one set of doubles into singles. After so many years of diving a DIR reg setup I feel very out of sorts when diving a single reg, and so I am installing an H-valve on the single tank so that I can use the same regs and configuration as I do with doubles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom