Changing wrist seals on a Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure why? Just remove the rings from the original seal when you go away? Who cares if it stretches it out, it's just a visual.

What you're saying would work, I just don't see the "why" in this case. Maybe a better explanation? I don't see the need for the redundancy here, but
you can for sure do it.

Thanks for the replies.

With the Glove Lock rings I just found that the stretch introduced by the rings put enough tension on the seal opening that getting my hand in/out was more difficult than when the seal was in a relaxed state without the rings. I just didn't realize how much more effort it was until I tore one of the seals, on the glove side of the ring, and had to trim the seal opening to keep the tear from spreading into the rings. this left the opening wider and noticeably easier to get my hand through. That got me thinking along the lines of the outer wrist seal for the glove rings alone. The redundancy was just a 'oh yeah, and you get this too' thought.

After reading your replies and thinking about it, you are right. More complicated than it needs to be. With the heat tape instead of glues, replacing a wrist seal is not the chore it once was and is almost an 'on-site' repair.

Back
Top Bottom