Charter Boat Help for Big Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
A few divers from our shop are going to the Big Island over the holidays. They'd like to charter a 6pack for their group. Does anyone have any recomendations??

This has to be THE most frequently asked question here (dive boats in general). Do a search and you'll find a lot.

FOR EXAMPLE...just two threads down from yours (when I posted this) was a thread called "Boat Dive Outfits on the Big Island". Did you check that one out? Lots of discussion of big ones, small ones, good ones, and other good ones.

And there must be 10 other similar threads from the past few months alone if you run a search. You may find better answers in older threads, because the Hawaii experts aren't going to post lengthy reviews over and over...and over... :)

Have fun on the Big Island! (I dove with Jack's Diving Locker, but not their 6-pack :D )

I know I can get a list of dive boats. I was asking a specific question about chartering a 6pack.

Where do you want to dive?

I'm not one that is going but I believe what the group is looking for is a 6 pack that they can charter that will show a couple of new divers some good sites, lots of sealife for example. They obviously want a crew that is personable so that the new divers will walk away with a great experience. There are going to be a couple of new divers and a couple of instructors on the trip.

Jack's has a nice 6-pack, as does Pacific Rim

Are they wanting the whole boat, or just space on a 6 pack? If they're looking at a whole boat and having a tough time finding one, check with me in about a week. Mine's been out of the water awaiting the mechanic to put the new engine in.... engine's in now and we're replacing the bilges, trim tabs, wiring and and such right now. Barring troubles, I'll be back up and running for the holidays, I'll know better by midweek next week, hoping to take it on sea trials tomorrow or thursday.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom