Charters in Palm Beach and Broward Counties opened back up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the report, that sounds really nice. Limited load, masks, other precautions?

This was my first time on this dive boat. He runs a very safe boat. He is a highly experienced captain, very safety minded. However, the COVID-19 precautions were a bit lax relative to my liking. The boat was a bit too crowded and most of the fellow divers on the boat were IMO too lax with their own personal precautions. I think people are too eager to wish this thing away like it will just disappear. It won't. Precautions are necessary. I kept a face covering (SA neck gator) on when not geared up and one other diver did as well. I also distanced myself and avoided close proximity as much as I could. The majority of the other 9 divers did not minus the one other gentleman I mentioned above. Based upon conversations that I overheard it makes me concerned with the general population's willingness to continue to take this seriously and socially isolate. I'm honestly concerned.

I will use this boat again in the future but not until the pandemic has fully subsided. Probably not for another 12 months or more most likely. Which is too bad since it is only 20 minutes from our condo. I will stick with other operators who are taking social distancing guidelines a bit more seriously.

The thing with the face covering is that although you protected the other divers from you being a possible carrier, they did not return the favor for you. Like washing hands after going to the bathroom.

This was my first time on this dive boat. He runs a very safe boat. He is a highly experienced captain, very safety minded. However, the COVID-19 precautions were a bit lax relative to my liking. The boat was a bit too crowded and most of the fellow divers on the boat were IMO too lax with their own personal precautions. I think people are too eager to wish this thing away like it will just disappear. It won't. Precautions are necessary. I kept a face covering (SA neck gator) on when not geared up and one other diver did as well. I also distanced myself and avoided close proximity as much as I could. The majority of the other 9 divers did not minus the one other gentleman I mentioned above. Based upon conversations that I overheard it makes me concerned with the general population's willingness to continue to take this seriously and socially isolate. I'm honestly concerned.

I will use this boat again in the future but not until the pandemic has fully subsided. Probably not for another 12 months or more most likely. Which is too bad since it is only 20 minutes from our condo. I will stick with other operators who are taking social distancing guidelines a bit more seriously.
And this, right here is an issue.

Care to name the boat?

The thing with the face covering is that although you protected the other divers from you being a possible carrier, they did not return the favor for you. Like washing hands after going to the bathroom.

Yup, I agree completely.

I did in my summary of the day's diving.
AHH gotcha, I read the long one and skimmed your brief reply thought it was just dive sites.

I guessed that was who you went out with...

Thanks.

#makingcoffeenow
#itsmonday

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom