• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Cheap and best night dive light?

Discussion in 'General Scuba Equipment Discussions' started by miserkris, Jul 8, 2019.

1. miserkris

miserkris Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Thx.... maybe I'll buy one of these and that tektite trek pro!
    BlueFire 1100 Lumen CREE XM-L2 Professional Diving Flashlight, Bright Submarine Light Scuba Safety Lights Waterproof Underwater Torch for Outdoor Under Water Sports (Yellow) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FVHU826/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_k3ajDb9YGTREW

2. lamarpaulski

lamarpaulski Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    No. I have used a couple Suprigs for supplemental lighting for GoPro and they’re only OK for that. Failed a few times or gets stuck on “flash”. Barely adequate for your purposes in clear water. Your jury rig idea not OK for primary light. Not, never for primary dive light. No.

Not a good item to go cheapo on. If it fails you’ll be pretty impaired in your diving. Good suggestions here. Underwater kinetics and Princeton Tech made good lights I still use a decade later. LED makes big difference in battery life. I like the DGX too.

Having a powerful beam is often overkill but sometimes it’s real nice too. Some can switch to lower setting.

Always bring a back-up light.

BigBlue has good rep. Not cheap.