Cheap and Easy Knife Tether

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This example of having a knife dangling unsheathed about your person in surf and amongst rocks illustrates the stupidty of having one tethered.

At least to me.

Had I posted my thoughts prior to this shining example my post may have appeared harsh.

At least to you.

I've lost several knives and several sets of shears. I would rather lose my knife than having it dangle around unbeknownst to me. I've never lost both my knife and my shears on the same dive (actually, most of my losses have been during ditch & recover drills just because my rig gets so manhandled).

Knowone....I don't consider your thoughts harsh. It's just your opinion and has little to do with me or anything in my life, including my own opinion. You've shown how you think outside your square. There's room in the world for both of us and our styles...or do you differ on that opinion too?

Aquaregia...I've never had a knife dangle unbeknownst to me. On both occasions I felt when it went and recovered it immediately. The point is that I could recover it before it was irretrievably gone (which puts me up about 90 bucks so far). I agree with your opinion that anyone diving who unknowingly has a knife dangling under any conditions is a problem.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom