Cheap Chinese Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Addison Snyder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have any experience with cheap chinese stuff like this?
US $240.5 35% OFF|YONSUB 8 MM custom made Dry Suit Men's Diving Sailing Drysuit Waterproof Breathable nylon kayak Drysuit With Vulcanized Boots-in Wetsuit from Sports & Entertainment on AliExpress

I've never dove with a drysuit, and just bought it. I've had good luck with a yonsub wetsuit and wanted to dip my toes into drysuit diving. One of the things I realized was the lack of a relief valve. Wondering whether that's something I can hillbilly as I'm already ghetto-diving.

it doesn't look to be crushed neoprene but closer to the vintage neoprene drysuits you see people drying to get rid of from their garages. likely a significant buoyancy shift at depth. adding a p valve should be fairly straightforward, but the buoyancy issue would not be changeable.

i could see a company making a reasonable drysuit for 400 bucks in China though if seaskin can do one for 500 quid in the UK.

I like it! I think I'm gonna get one to use whenever I go sewage diving!
Screenshot_20191212-194459.png

I like the inflatable door valve (?) you live in Florida so it may be the perfect drysuit for the warmish water, in case it floods.
It a small risk money wise and it doesn’t look like it would kill you if it fails.

upload_2019-12-18_19-26-24.png

Just an update, they do seem to be taking my measurements. Already gave them quite a few initially, got this message a few days ago.

Well I have ordered a lot of items from there not all of them were scuba related. I also run an import business to the side which is not related to diving presently. One major thing to keep in mind is that these guys are not making their products for the end consumer but for whole sale purposes. This means that their base models are extremely bare bones and open to customization. Different manufacturers work with them to place their pockets in the right areas and the boots and valves etc. By the time you are done "pimping it up" to standards, it will not cost you that much less than a suit that retails locally in the US. The only downside is that you will not have the customer service with it. Also keep in mind that the US based retailers who import their products from these places have lost a lot of money so that they could get the product right enough where they can stand behind it. I have had to order 5 - 6 times, change manufacturers to finally get a product similar to what I would buy in USA. If you are getting a lot of orders for a long time then this is good but for one single product for end user, I would not recommend them.

8mm is pretty thick. Most neoprene drysuits are 3-4mm.

What part of "Cheap Chinese Drysuit" inspired confidence in the first place? Which re-education camp in Guangzhou came up with this one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom