Cheap Chinese Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Intriguing. I have a dry suit but my son (with kids who require a vast amount of dollars to keep clothed and fed) might be interested in a low cost option. Do you know if they make compressed neoprene ones?

I have bought alot of scuba gear from Aliexpress, their quality is fair, but u need to check reviews.
For drysuits, u need to keep in mind availabilty of servicr kits

I don't think the pound has dropped enough for that yet. seaskin still is a great price though.
1.30 USD to one Pound, the actual total for a bare bones suit was more like $446 plus shipping which can be costly but always ask for postal service not FedEx or UPS to avoid service fees and duty. Once you take out the VAT the price with exchange rate is amazing.

Anyone have any experience with cheap chinese stuff like this?
US $240.5 35% OFF|YONSUB 8 MM custom made Dry Suit Men's Diving Sailing Drysuit Waterproof Breathable nylon kayak Drysuit With Vulcanized Boots-in Wetsuit from Sports & Entertainment on AliExpress

I've never dove with a drysuit, and just bought it. I've had good luck with a yonsub wetsuit and wanted to dip my toes into drysuit diving. One of the things I realized was the lack of a relief valve. Wondering whether that's something I can hillbilly as I'm already ghetto-diving.

Addison...

Depending on fit...full 8 mm is going to be very buoyant...

We sold a lot of 8 mm neoprene dry suits to the Lake Muskoka dock guys...great work suits for long duration cold protection...for the purpose of a dive suit not so much...depending on your kit...and again personal fit...you're going to need additional ballast...in some cases...quite a bit of ballast...which is not ideal...

What you think you may be saving in initial cost...your going to sacrifice elsewhere...and remember...with these types of sellers...there is absolutely no after-sales support/service...

W.W...

Intriguing. I have a dry suit but my son (with kids who require a vast amount of dollars to keep clothed and fed) might be interested in a low cost option. Do you know if they make compressed neoprene ones?
I looked around without success. Definitely something to try to get, but I'm not super worried about buoyancy issues and getting things perfect. I just want to try this stuff out in slightly chillier waters (mostly springs, perhaps North Carolina). I personally feel more comfortable with a (Chinese) neoprene suit overall because if it fails catastrophically, I've still got decent insulation to keep me cozy.
Addison...
What you think you may be saving in initial cost...your going to sacrifice elsewhere...and remember...with these types of sellers...there is absolutely no after-sales support/service...
W.W...
For emphasis, I'm mostly getting this to dip my toes into drysuit diving in Florida. And of course, I understand the non-existent warranty/service. I'm mostly a DIY guy anyways, and will mod this as needed.

Btw, it shipped a couple of days ago. Will keep you guys posted. Whether or not this works out, I hope people can learn something new from my experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom