cheap chinese video light review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

does anyone know the in-water weight of the A15, roughly?
With the ball head mount:

Dry weight: 560 g
Weight in water: 280 g

I had 4x Keeppower 18650 2600mAh batteries in it when measuring.

Piggybacking on this thread rather than starting a new one - are there any cheap lights with a narrow beam (~5 degrees) and no fall-off, similar to Inon LF800-N? I did my first blackwater dive the other day, and the guy who organized it was using that light for spotting critters - it was working brilliantly, reaching out 10+ meters through water that had lots of particles in it, while avoiding backscatter. However, it costs ~$250 + shipping and taxes, and I'd rather not spend that much if I don't have to.

Just wanted to check back in on this thread. Would appear peeps are saying the A15 is not worth buying, mainly due to the lack of a magnetic switch. Is this still the case at the moment?

Just wanted to check back in on this thread. Would appear peeps are saying the A15 is not worth buying, mainly due to the lack of a magnetic switch. Is this still the case at the moment?

Nothing has really changed. Buying these lights remains a gamble - sometimes they last long and sometimes they stop working after only a few dives. Considering the cost i'm happy with this trade off...just make sure you have spares!

Sweet. I might get one of these if I ever get into photography. Such a shame all these otherwise reliable lights still use the cheap switches. I don't know any really good DIYers that know where to get parts, but I'd love to convert these into magnetic or piezo switches using some resin and basic parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom