cheap shorty wetsuit and decent semi-dry for plus sized woman (Europe)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JasmineNeedsGills

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello wonderful people!

Does anyone have any ideas on where I can find an affordable shorty plus size wetsuit in Europe? It doesn't need to be anything elaborate, just affordable. It's mainly for pool training and messing about snorkelling at the beach in summer.

I take clothes size 20-22 (Aus/NZ/UK), depending on the brand. I'm about 173cm and 115-117kg. I've tried The Wetsuit Factory (TWF) shorty in size 20 but it's too small. I love what Truli are doing, but they are way beyond my price range. I'd like to find something under £70/€80 if possible.

I'm also looking for a good quality semi-dry for general use. I initially want it for open-water training and then for travel and local summer-only diving in Cornwall and Devon, and for travel (Med and Red). I know a lot of people recommend drysuits for the UK, but I really don't feel like complicating things, and don't intend to do anything beyond purely recreational diving for now, and just want to enjoy the scenery :D

That, and I can't afford it anyway!

I’m going to suggest you join the Girls that Scuba group on Facebook. There are thousands of ladies who are members, and they will be able to answer this question for you easily. The group is based in the UK and there are tons of European gals.

Girls that Scuba Public Group | Facebook

The group is closed once you join.

HI Marie,
Thanks for the heads up! I'll check them out :)

Back
Top Bottom