Check out my new adopted kids.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A nice score.I have seen thoses valves before.I think they sold those srew on ones in the 50's.The only thing that sucks is the tanks are Walter Kidde tanks not U.S.Divers.If they were U.S.Divers they would be worth a grand or more.You should be able to get them filled with that type of valve.No need to go to any other site.This one is the best!It's funny how so many people from the other lame ass sites are on this one.:cool2:

I wonder how it is possible, that over six lines your post has no content

QUOTE=Mike Lev;5994150]A nice score.I have seen thoses valves before.I think they sold those srew on ones in the 50's.The only thing that sucks is the tanks are Walter Kidde tanks not U.S.Divers.If they were U.S.Divers they would be worth a grand or more.You should be able to get them filled with that type of valve.No need to go to any other site.This one is the best!It's funny how so many people from the other lame ass sites are on this one.:cool2:[/QUOTE]

Whew. This is rich. I wonder how it is possible, that over two thousand six hundred hundred posts, none of yours has any content either! :D

I wonder how it is possible, that over six lines your post has no content

QUOTE=Mike Lev;5994150]A nice score.I have seen thoses valves before.I think they sold those srew on ones in the 50's.The only thing that sucks is the tanks are Walter Kidde tanks not U.S.Divers.If they were U.S.Divers they would be worth a grand or more.You should be able to get them filled with that type of valve.No need to go to any other site.This one is the best!It's funny how so many people from the other lame ass sites are on this one.:cool2:
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jersey man.Content is what you make of it snapperhead.I guess you don't have a site down under to play on?I guess youn have to be an American to figure it out.

Well I just happen find find some new kids to adopt at a yard sale. The guy was getting rid of some dive equipment for a 80 year old friend of his. He said the gear had been siting in a storage shed for years. I took a look and behold :shocked2: there were two sets of triples, a Scubapro Mrk2/R108, a Mrk5/R109, & several other goodies. He said he just wanted to get rid of the stuff real quick. Of course I had to help the poor fella out so I paid him a slight adoption fee and I adopted the kids. :eyebrow:

Most of the tanks had a born on dates of 1956,1958, &1960 and made by PST. The regs look like they are in fair shape and prob only need some new o rings, seats, and some cleaning up. I will use them for sure when I don't use my DH regs. As for the triple tanks, the tank valve threads are on the outside and the manifolds are unique. Anyone have any ideas about them and the manifolds.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I recognize those tanks, but they were not originally scuba tanks. They came from the 1950s, and originally were used on 20-man life rafts, filled with CO2. The also originally were covered with spun stainless steel wire, which was cut off before they were used for the scuba. The spun wire was required for any pressure cylinder used on a military aircraft to prevent it from sending metal pieces into the aircraft if the cylinder was hit by enemy fire. The manifold is almost certainly home-made to go over the outside threads. Because it is a home-made manifold, I suspect (as I don't see them) that there are no over-pressure relief valves on this manifold. Therefore, no dive shop will fill it in this configuration. In the USAF, we took these cylinders, removed the piano wire , cut off the top and taped them for 1/2 inch tapered threads for a USD double manifold. This is a great find, and if you were to tap the manifold for an overpressure relief valve (you may need three, depending on how it is set up) they should be great for diving.

SeaRat

As always John your a wealth of info.But I have a friend who has a manifold almost lke that.Witht the hexagon valves.No way those are home made.:cool2:

Hello Newman.

Why do you think I've never been through my posts

Translate doesn't work either

No particular offence intended Mike Lev

Oh yeah, real groovy gear

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom