Checking out hotels while in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tubbyka

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I will be staying at the Fiesta Americana July 12th-16th for our 7th trip to Cozumel. We have always stayed at All Inclusive resorts, but I'm wanting to explore the other smaller hotels while we are down there for future dive trips with "the guys". Does anyone have any advice for checking these other places out? Can I just stop by and ask to look at their property and a room? Here is the list of places I am considering to check out for future trips:

Hotel Cozumel
Barracuda
Scuba Club
Suites Bahia
Mexicana
Casa Del Mar
Villa Blanca

Any other suggestions to look at? Are all of these close enough to check out in an afternoon?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Check out Blue Angel Resort .... small 20 room hotel right on the water, pretty close to Villablanca.

Yes, you can just walk in and explain the purpose of your visit & ask to see rooms, etc. and you should able to do it in an afternoon even if you're walking. These are waterfront hotels only -- there are many more places to stay in town that are off th water.

Southernmost is Casa del Mar -- also check the El Cid/La Cieba next to the SSA Mexico pier. Going north: Hotel Villablanca, Blue Angel Resort, Hotel Cozumel & Scuba Club are neighbors, Barracuda, Casa Mexicana & Vista del Mar & Safari Inn share one block, Suites Bahia.

We pretty much do this on all our trips, we check out 2-3 other places in the afternoon. More than that gets a bit tiring. Stayed at BA last October, but checked out SCC & Hotel COZ. Both nice, but decided to stay with BA again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom