Chicago Diving Party

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I arrive at O'Hare on Friday at 9:50 AM and depart from O'Hare Monday at 6:00 PM. That should give me time to off gas before flying.

Steven, the check is in the mail.

Now I need to find my cold water gloves.

I'm diving for fossils later today, the water temp is 85° F. You guys are welcome to join me.

What are the depths of the planned dives? Number 9 or number 6?

You said:
I arrive at O'Hare on Friday at 9:50 AM and depart from O'Hare Monday at 6:00 PM. That should give me time to off gas before flying.
We need to discuss your local transportation arrangements. I also need to work at least part of Friday and Monday (gotta support the diving monkey), how good are you at occupying yourself in a strange city for a few hours?

Steven, the check is in the mail.
I'll let you know when it arrives.

Now I need to find my cold water gloves.
Most folks seem to feel the effects of the cold in their fingers before anywhere else, that's for sure. Heavy gloves with long gauntlets are a help. So is a little heat pack in each palm.
I'm diving for fossils later today, the water temp is 85° F. You guys are welcome to join me.
And we're still diving for popsicles. Or like popsicles? At shallower depths the water has finally climbed into the low 40's.

What are the depths of the planned dives? Number 9 or number 6?
Saturday, July 19th

Dive #1: The Prinz Willem V (the “Willie”)
Depth to Wreck: 45 feet
Depth to Bottom: 60 feet
Maximum Depth: 95 feet (the ship is sitting in a hole)

Dive #2: The Dredge 906 (a/k/a the “No. 6 Dredge)
Depth to Wreck: 30 feet
Depth to Bottom: 75 feet

Sunday, July 20th

Dive #1: The St. Mary
Depth to Wreck: 90 feet
Depth to Bottom: 105 feet

Dive #2: The Lady Elgin
Depth to Wreck: 40 feet?
Depth to Bottom: 55 feet

Steven

Steven,

I appreciate everything you've done. I certainly don't expect you to take me from and to the airport nor you you need to entertain me.

Diving was great at Venice Beach.

Hey is there any room left in this thing?

We've got one seat left for both Sat & Sun and you would be a great addition to the gang, If you want in PM me with any questions and I'll get you the details and address to send your deposit to.

Steven

I'll be staying in Antioch for the weekend. Is there anyone I could hook up with on Saturday for a lift to and from Milwaukee? I'll be coming up Saturday morning and can meet with you somewhere in the 'burbs. I'm not very familiar with the area, me being a sod buster and all.:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom