Chicago Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bobbagadoosh

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey Guys,

I am going to be in Chicago the weekend of July 26 and was interested in doing some diving that weekend. If anyone has time, I would love a few tips on dive operations and dive sites in the area. I will be coming from California and would love to check out some of the wrecks. Any recemmondations?

Thanks,
Andrew

There is Captain Dale out of Waukegan. He's north of the city. There are two other charters out of downtown, Windy City Divers and Dive Chicago. I would highly recommend a Lake Michigan dive if you have never done it before. Remember your Dram, waves on the Great Lakes are not like those on the ocean.

There are two quarries in the area if you can't get on a charter.

There are 2 charters that I know of:

Enterprise

http://www.len-der.com/

Len-Der is out of Milwaukee and the Enterprise is out of Waukegan. I have not been on either one recently. Have to check out there schedule.

What do you plan on using for exposure protection. If you're diving Lake Michigan, a dry suit would be recommended.

You may also want to post your thread here for more exposure. Mid-West Muck Divers - ScubaBoard

If you want quarry diving, there is Pearl Lake and Haigh Quarry.

Capt Jim Gentile close to downtown will be giong to the Mack it was sunk for divers and another wreck. WindyCityDiving@comcast.net
I'll probably go to Haigh quarry I think it's the J H Memorial Dive a fund raiser for the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom