Chics dig scars.....Or don't they?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ohh I am sorry I missed this one. I have a couple.

1. I jumped out of a three story window. Open bone fracture. broke my radius, ulna, and tibia. My mother passed out during the half an hour ambulance ride out of the Israeli desert and into Taba (we were closer to egypt than to Israel when it happened.) also had to wait for the egyptian border guards to check the ambulance. that sucked. Lots of screws, pins, bars, you name it. and a bit of loss of movement on account of the long ambulance drive. one of the cons of living in the Israeli desert.

2. Cut myself on a picture frame- 18 stiches in my wrist performed by my dad. looks like a suicide attempt.

3. Played with "cool fire dirt" ie Lye. pretty bad burns on my hands- but alas no scars

4. This should be higher on the list- bacterial meningitis as a kid.... I have VERY bad hearing.

5. Mom ran over my foot with the Kibbutz car. more screws and pins in my foot, nasty scars on the bottom of my foot where the metatarsels poked out. To save time, my parents DROVE me to the Taba Hospital rather than call an ambulance. In that car that had just ran over my foot, no less. My mother passed out again in (thankfully) the passenger seat.

6. Tiny tiny scar on my face from a woodbuner in the hands of a wierd teacher.

7. Bad bad appendicitis... many days in the hospital and a scar on the stomach.

8. X ray camera dropped on my big toe and crushed it. A big thanks to the brilliant doctors at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

9. got my shin broken by a lead pipe getting mugged. Kept my wallet though.

10. trying to get a banana off the stem, got 3 stiches in my thumb.

11. almost suffocated myself in a lab room.... long story.

many losses of conciousness.... a lot of minor scrapes and "OWW!!"s from very wierd incidents.

all of these have been aquired in my 17 years of life.

any questions? :)

:wink: Wow, I just tore my achilles and had surgery, the scar was much bigger than anticipated ..

Also, i had spinal fusion L5 S1, couple screws / rods..

And an ACL repair from myself as the donor.

Ouch..

But planning on diving again in October, and lots of hydro and hydro therapy until then.

Wow, suddenly the surgery I had to fix my shoulder doesn't seem so bad. But I'll explain anyways. To make a long story short, I couldn't stay on two wheels on the mountain roads of western North Carolina. I went off the road to the shoulder, couldn't get back on the road from the right-hand curve, came over the handlebars, impersonated superman at low level flight, gravity took over, smacked helmet first, then right shoulder, combat roll and stood back up on my feet from my momentum. When I performed the body check, all was seemingly fine. Walked back to my bike in the middle of the road, and when I went to put it back on it's wheels - POW - my right shoulder popped and I lost all movement in it. Mis-diagnosed at the hospital & orthopedic office, said shoulder was find. Three months later I had surgery for a fractured clavicle and I tore the rotator cuff off the bone. During that three month period, I was doing PT for the army on it too. I really messed up my shoulder because of that, and it took the MD 2 hours and 45 minutes to fix. Initial time estimate was 2 hours. My mom is a nurse and was in a panic for the last 45 minutes of my surgery. To put it this way, my step-dad had his knee replaced in less time than it took to fix my shoulder. Now I have five cool scars from the surgery. Had the surgery on a Friday, was back at work Monday morning.

3 bullit holes (But close together)
a little piece of some kind of metal very close to my a--(embarrassing)
steel plate in spine at c456 with various attaching screws, and some donor bone (unknown origin but was told it may be dog or yak, unreliable source)
9" scar down back (razor wire, OW!)
part of little finger on left hand not working
various other crap. All in all, a real chick magnet!!!

Thank god I found a woman to marry me !!!

So Kyle, did you get any new scars from the shrapnel off the tanks you blew up?

Dr. Bill

drbill:
So Kyle, did you get any new scars from the shrapnel off the tanks you blew up?

Dr. Bill

:yelclap: Thanks for the laugh Dr. Bill !

This one is from my brother, but still pains me to talk about it. All the guys here will understand.

My brother was walking through the yard of his girlfriend's (wife now of 11 years) house, and stepped on a broom. He jumped out of the way so it wouldn't hit him, and he actually came down on the handle. The handle did not break, but went through his jeans, through his left testicle and up inside of his abdominal cavity. The broom falls out with what looks like a gallon of blood. We rush him to the hospital, which unfortunately is about 10 miles away, and on country roads. We get him to the emergency room where there is no doctor on duty, b/c we lived in a small town, and the docs were just on call. So the nurse, who is unable to administer anesthetic (legally?) starts to clean the wound, that's right, she starts scrubbing on his testicle with no anesthesia. This is when I almost lose it, as the whole time, my nuts are just aching, but that scrubbing OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
However, he did have two kids after this, so I guess you only need one testicle :) ... and no, I have never seen the scar.

Oh, and me I have:
A small scar above my eye from my brother hitting me with one of those old fashioned weed whackers that you swing back and forth.
Broken leg from my dad dropping a chunk of sidewalk he was removing when I was 2, he is still heart broken about this everytime someone brings it up, and now that I am a dad, I completely understand where he is coming from.
A small brand on my abdomen from trying to tend a fire with the wrong end of the poker.
Chainsaw hitting knee accident...note to self, don't cut wood when hung over.

Nothing as impressive as most of these, but my brothers is really hard to beat.

kent_1848:
This one is from my brother, but still pains me to talk about it. All the guys here will understand.

My brother was walking through the yard of his girlfriend's (wife now of 11 years) house, and stepped on a broom. He jumped out of the way so it wouldn't hit him, and he actually came down on the handle. The handle did not break, but went through his jeans, through his left testicle and up inside of his abdominal cavity. The broom falls out with what looks like a gallon of blood. We rush him to the hospital, which unfortunately is about 10 miles away, and on country roads. We get him to the emergency room where there is no doctor on duty, b/c we lived in a small town, and the docs were just on call. So the nurse, who is unable to administer anesthetic (legally?) starts to clean the wound, that's right, she starts scrubbing on his testicle with no anesthesia. This is when I almost lose it, as the whole time, my nuts are just aching, but that scrubbing OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
However, he did have two kids after this, so I guess you only need one testicle :) ... and no, I have never seen the scar.

Oh, and me I have:
A small scar above my eye from my brother hitting me with one of those old fashioned weed whackers that you swing back and forth.
Broken leg from my dad dropping a chunk of sidewalk he was removing when I was 2, he is still heart broken about this everytime someone brings it up, and now that I am a dad, I completely understand where he is coming from.
A small brand on my abdomen from trying to tend a fire with the wrong end of the poker.
Chainsaw hitting knee accident...note to self, don't cut wood when hung over.

Nothing as impressive as most of these, but my brothers is really hard to beat.

Man, that makes my nuts hurt just reading that. OUCH!!!

Crap, I'm almost ashamed to tell about my little piddly scar. Worst one I ever had was when I was in High School Rodeo. A bull stepped on my right inner thigh and seperated my errr... right coconut from the palm if you will. Everything was sewn back into place without any trouble. Bad part is it's not exactly a scar you can show off.That is unless mucho alcohol's involved :wink:
Been shot at and missed.
Chris

I have all kinds of smaller scars from years of breaking/training horses and other agressive stuff but the biggies are ACL reconstruction on my left knee -- then a re-fix on it a year later.

And the little brain surgery last year. Its really not a great scar though. I would post the pic here but don't want to freak anybody out. If you want to see a cool pic though ---

http://www.divegirldesigns.com/sexyhead.jpg

And why -- cause the Chicks Dig It! (-;

Kimber

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom