Child from the '80's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha, yes i was a child of the 80's.. dont forget punky brewster, i wanted to BE her! so i wore even more ridiculous clothes than usual people at the time lol
two points though:
You remember when Happy Meals came in a box, not a paper bag..in Australia it is still in a colourful box..
You know what leg warmers are and probably had a pair...heaps of girls are wearing these now..its scarey. here a lot of people are purchasing hideous stripe/layered clothing that is 80's style..or lack there of lol are they doing the same in america? also the hair..a lot of the 'stylish mullet' and the 'stylish fringe' (or bangs i think americans call it) cuts seem to be infultrating society..

SuPrBuGmAn:

Fraggles! They were the best. Talk about theme songs, just mention Fraggle Rock and I can hear that going through my head! And, of course, there were the doozers and the gorgs that go along with them. That was a great show (the muppet version, not the cartoon, which sucked!).

Just watch the movie "Wedding Singer". It's all there. My daughter is a child of the 80's.

Ahhhhh!!!!! Too many of these ring true...

· You ever wore fluorescent, neon clothing.

Mix and match pink, green, and yellow shirts, skorts, and skirts.

· You Believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power!"

And let's not forget the 80s girl's Xena, She-ra!!!

· You remember the garbage pail kids, and owned some.

LOL, man my parents hated those things.

· You HAD to have your MTV.

Nah, just wanted my MTV, my money for nothing and my chicks for free.

· You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system.

Hey, we even had the naughty Atari game, Custer's revenge. My parents told me they were dancing.

· You owned any cassettes.

We owned the OLD disk players. No BetaMax though.

·· You had a Swatch Watch with the Swatch Guard.

Oh man, I forgot I had those things.

· You owned, or knew somebody with a Commodore 64.

Had it!!

· You wish you had a light saber.

If you've ever tried to "Use the Force" to get the remote control.

· Your arm was full of rubber bracelets. Tied together of course

Oh please. Keep the rubber bracelets. Give me the SNAP bracelets. Even had the MC Hammer snap bracelet.

· You had to get up to change the channel. "you were the remote control"

And had an 80s style big screen TV. Canvas screen. Weighed as much as a freightliner. Couldn't be fit through normal size doors. Movers would see it and faint.

Gotta add: If you...
Still know all the words to "Ice Ice Baby"... whether you want to or not..
Remember Keanu Reeves from his association with Paula Abdul.
They would have to pry the crimping iron from your cold, dead hands.
Had enough My Little Ponies to start a dog food company.
Had Hammer pants.
Ever refused to watch MTV for three months because Tom Petty scared the hell out of you (Don't Come Around Here No More).

Ishie

saf_25:
<snip> Talk about theme songs, just mention Fraggle Rock and I can hear that going through my head!

Jeez - now I've got that stuck in my head!

How about scrunchy socks with high heels and print leggings?

bwerb:
I guess the introduction of the CD was just something we should forget ever happened...:D

Well I was born tone deaf. I can very rarely tell the diffrence. You couldn't play them in your car until much later. Many road trips with an FM converter spliced into the stock AM radio and the aftermarket cassette player. Bandanas everywhere!

Memory Lane was a dirt road. Maybe I am a bit rough on the 80's I managed to survive them.

I'm definitely a child of the 80s! I could relate to just about all of them. I still drink out of my Smurf glasses. Now I tell my 6 yr old to take his school clothes off when he comes home. I have bought us both light sabers to fight with, and he has the ATARI joystick you can get now for $20 at the store from hell (Walmart).
Lets just say he doesn't play it a lot compared to his Gameboy and computer games. Last week we also enjoyed Push Ups, and yes it brought back memories. One of the many great things about having kids is you get to be a kid again.

suthnbelle:
I'm definitely a child of the 80s! I could relate to just about all of them. .
Me too. Magnum PI is my favourite flash back, they even had one where he went diving. I can still hear the theme song. I so wanted to move to Hawaii. OH yeah and I remember when they actually played songs on VH1. :crafty:

Back
Top Bottom