Chinese 30 Lbs. Donut Wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m tempted to pick up an 18 lbs wing to try it out.

Online Shop スキューバダイビング BCD ハイテクダイビングドーナツ翼単一タンク 18lbs | Aliexpress Mobile

it’s like 100 bucks. And given that for Al80 open water diving with a 3 mm I rarely even have to use the wing, it seems like a pretty low-risk proposition. And it comes in cool colors! I would feel more nervous about a larger wing for doubles, but even then, If you test it on the surface and it’s good, I doubt it’s going to spontaneously explode at depth.

the biggest worry is about wasting your money. There’s a non-zero chance you get something that doesn’t work, and the seller bails on you and you’re out your hundred bucks.

if I go diving somewhere mundane, I might pick one of the brightly colored ones and give it a shot, while bringing my trusty HQ VDH wing just in case....

The other thing worth noting is these look like “last generation” designs, that are wider than the modern oxycheq/VDH/DGX design which is much narrower and most people seem to prefer. But at 18 lbs I’d lift I doubt you’re going to see much taco-ing, there just isn’t that much bladder there.

Also, when it comes to a place like VDH, it’s good to support the people putting out financial risk to support us directly. I’m guessing VDH gets a lot of their sales from people on scubaboard, and It’s worth supporting that.

Rant: if american companies don’t want their IP stolen, how about paying American workers to make said products? If you are willing to layoff your american workforce so the big wigs can line their pockets by using cheap Chinese labor, you get what you sow.

Also, your comment regarding the environment would have been true 10 years ago, but not now. China’s commitment towards the environment has improved drastically, and ours has taken a significant step backwards.

Getting OT but I am compelled to reply. Many companies outsource their manufacturing to countries other than China and we can have a discussion about that practice and the effect on the American economy. However, when it comes to IP theft China is a league of their own. Somewhere 70% of the world's seizes of counterfeit goods come from China.

China maybe improving their commitment towards the environment but they are doing very little when it comes to endangered species (sharks, pangolins, tigers, elephants). And lets not forget their island building. And their recent human rights abuses against minorities has increased greatly. In totality, crap from China.

While the DGX 30lb donut wing was discussed, I wanted to add the link.

I’m tempted to pick up an 18 lbs wing to try it out.

Online Shop スキューバダイビング BCD ハイテクダイビングドーナツ翼単一タンク 18lbs | Aliexpress Mobile

it’s like 100 bucks. And given that for Al80 open water diving with a 3 mm I rarely even have to use the wing, it seems like a pretty low-risk proposition. And it comes in cool colors! I would feel more nervous about a larger wing for doubles, but even then, If you test it on the surface and it’s good, I doubt it’s going to spontaneously explode at depth.

the biggest worry is about wasting your money. There’s a non-zero chance you get something that doesn’t work, and the seller bails on you and you’re out your hundred bucks.

if I go diving somewhere mundane, I might pick one of the brightly colored ones and give it a shot, while bringing my trusty HQ VDH wing just in case....

I would love to find another 18lbs wing, every since Bryan passed and VDH closed the only other comparable wing is the crazy expensive Oxycheq.

Had a look I would be willing to be the guinea pig but I really don't like camo colored wings.

But if anyone else has any chines knock off 18lbs wing links let me know.

There’s a 30lb donut wing on Amazon for $153, so you would skip any customs fees that you might be hit with if you purchased it via eBay.

UGPLM Prettyia 30lb Snorkeling Tech Dive Donut Wing with Single Cylinder Scuba Diving BCD Buoyancy Compensators

While the DGX 30lb donut wing was discussed, I wanted to add the link.

Are these wing parts interchangeable with Dive Rite parts? For example, are the hose and dump valve fittings interchangeable?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom