Choice of destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone!

I am a new diver with only 27 dives in her logbook looking to get my rescue course as well as a bunch of dive experience this summer. I have only dived in unpopular diving islands, Providence Island in Colombia as well as Mafia Island in Tanzania. I am looking for such type of remote island for a dive trip this summer : not much tourists, world-class low key diving destination that isn't on the more expensive side, but has rather normal pricing. I'm having a hard time finding such island, which is why I am asking for your help to find my next destination. I wish to spend about a month or less diving in August to get a lot of experience as I plan on doing my divemaster the year after. Any ideas/suggestions are welcomed!

Thank you.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. It stands to reason a place with good diving that's not too expensive will attract divers and perhaps other tourists, and if world class likely won't be too low key. Plus if your dive count listing is accurate, perhaps not highly demanding conditions. Hmmm... Have you looked into the Philippines? Might check whether a given operator requires a higher dive count, like over 50 dives. The Philippines should be cheaper than Raja Ampat.

See if something like @Trailboss123 trip report (or his report from his Philippines trip before that) would work for you. I've never been to the Philippines. If you want roughly world class diving on a decent budget and you've got nearly a month to commit to the endeavor, and you want a range of islands and operators to choose from,

Are you mainly after big animals, macro, lush coral growth or what? How are you with diving in current?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom