choke canyon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deadly_risk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone dive choke canyon? Looking at a fishing map there are some interesting structures down there, a highway, bridge, stock tanks etc.

Thanks for the link, Carriesal.

First I've heard of it. Anyone know the viz?

Choke Canyon is the westernmost common occurrence of the American alligator][/QUOTE]

Well, that just about says all I need it to say!

According to "Land of Good Water" Alligator Creek, in Williamson County (1 county N of where Lk Travis is located), is so named because it had Alligators in residence. A few years back. :D

Hey risk, any chance that fishing map is on a PDF? As in it's emailable? Hmmm? I'll dive anything once, maybe it's a little known secret!

Hey risk, any chance that fishing map is on a PDF? As in it's emailable? Hmmm? I'll dive anything once, maybe it's a little known secret!

It is a large fold out style map, so I just scanned a little bit to give a example. The black dashed line is a sunken highway, and the pond dams are all from the old waterway. Looking at the map it gets down to 90+ feet in a few places but the vast majority looks to be 20' deep.

PeppermintPaddi: I lied to you earlier, that detail is on a Hook N' Net brand fishing map, I don't have one for Lake Travis so I don't know if it will have the same detail.

Attachments

• choke_canyon_map.jpg
    choke_canyon_map.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 1,072
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom