Choker Clip Solutions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't had a problem yet. If the strap is loose and there is nothing on the valve that makes a lip, then it can slide a bit, but that's it. I had an 80 steel that had no lip, so I put a hose clamp above the zip tie and it worked perfectly with no slippage. I have no doubt that the zip tie is strong enough to support two or three times the weight of a tank out of the water.

Today I got to dive my HP 120s on the Bibb. What a gas!!! I like these far more than my HP130s! I need to rotate the clip and cam band about 45o to the inside of each tank to get the SPGs where I like them. No biggie, and I accomplished moving the cam bands while underwater.

I did find it hard to clip the bottom off on the boat. I actually got a bit frustrated and had someone clip the port side off for me on the first dive. As I was unclipping the bottoms to go up the ladder, I thought I would enter the water with them unclipped on the second dive. Whoa! Cool! If it ever gets frustrating from having such a long tank in the future, I'll just wait until I am in the water.

I also went with a bungee mount for my 21W canister light today. I used one of the 24" prussic bungees and used a hose clamp to keep it in place. I then threaded the bungee around the belt and then back over the butt of the canister. WHOA! It held like a champ, and it's easy, way easy to re-position right or left. I had my knife on the side towards the belt buckle on the left. I'll be sure to move it between the light and the BC on the next trip.

Elena took pics, and I hope to get them to post in there ASAP.

Pete, after looking at your thread a while ago, and watching Lamar's videos on the ring bungie system, I decided to give it a try myself. I like a hard connection as I often walk my tanks out. Of course I had to modify the modifications. Mainly this is on the top clip which, with thicker exposure gloves, is hard to clip when so close to the tank (I think I will buy some butterflies).

Dove this the last weekend and my previous system the weekend before. This worked far better. My tanks rode further back and up and it was easy to clip in and out of. I have wrapped the bungie around the valves before but didn't like the way it rotated the tanks. With this system I had my tanks right where I wanted them. With my SPG's routed this way I had to pull the tank forward to read it but that wasn't a hassle and otherwise they are neat and streamlined.

(Ignore the weight pouches, they are just there temporarily as I sort out lb's for various exposure protection).

008-5_zpsb3aa98dc.jpg
007-3_zps11d0f9d7.jpg
009-4_zps6f072cc7.jpg
007_zps0593d758.jpg
010-3_zps243791d0.jpg

These last two were taken by K Enns:
untitled-2013-30_zpsa147204b.jpg
untitled-2013-29-2_zps3b3848ce.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom