Choosing a Canister Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is light monkey providing warranty repairs on Salvo lights? I have seen on several websites the lights that are being sold are listed as Light Monkey with Salvo listed in paranthesis behind it. I'm assuming that these lights are really made by Salvo, but rebranded.

Carrie

Is light monkey providing warranty repairs on Salvo lights? I have seen on several websites the lights that are being sold are listed as Light Monkey with Salvo listed in paranthesis behind it. I'm assuming that these lights are really made by Salvo, but rebranded.

Carrie
I would imagine it's because Salvo is the more recognizable name. It's common when businesses rebrand themselves to carry the original name for a while until their customers come to associate the new name with the product.

I would defer to Corey as to what warranties they're covering ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Salvo no longer exists, some of the former employees of Salvo are going to be making the same products under the new name Light Monkey. They are basically rebranded, but by the same individuals who were making them to begin with.

Carrie
Quote from - BLOG.LIGHTMONKEY.US
Next question... 'Are you doing Salvo warranty work?' Well, kinda and not really. Basically any Salvo (or Leviathan) lights purchased after 01.OCT.09 will have an honored one year Light Monkey warranty. The key here is to keep your receipt because it will be required for any warranty work to be performed. With that said, we are not looking to become wealthy on repair work and want you to be confident with the dive light you are using, so many of the repairs will have minimal costs to cover parts, labor, and shipping regardless of original manufacturer.

Salvo no longer exists, some of the former employees of Salvo are going to be making the same products under the new name Light Monkey. They are basically rebranded, but by the same individuals who were making them to begin with.

Their web-site says otherwise with regard to former employees...

Their web-site says otherwise with regard to former employees...

How so? I don't understand this comment. Corey and Joel are former Salvo employees who have started their own company.

What else is there to say?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

How so? I don't understand this comment. Corey and Joel are former Salvo employees who have started their own company.

What else is there to say?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
It's JUST Corey/Joel from Salvo, they state that they wont be adding employees right now due to issues they had with the quality from other employees they worked with at Salvo.
The easy solution I guess is to hire some more people, but based on the quality of work that was being performed by some 'sharp as a spoon' employees by our previous employer, I think we will put some extra hours in and make sure the product is constructed properly and to the highest standards.

ZP%20-%20Plato%20Play-Doh%2002.jpg

Plato said in 312 B.C. -- "A man cannot have too much wattage."

It is still good advice today.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom