Choosing a Canister Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How so? I don't understand this comment. Corey and Joel are former Salvo employees who have started their own company.

What else is there to say?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sorry guys! Very busy work week. I was referring to Cory and Joel's comment in their web-site about discharging all the other staff from Salvo. See link posted earlier...

BLOG.LIGHTMONKEY.US

Their web-site says otherwise with regard to former employees...

There is nothing in their website that says anything contrary to my earlier comment?

Sorry guys! Very busy work week. I was referring to Cory and Joel's comment in their web-site about discharging all the other staff from Salvo. See link posted earlier...

BLOG.LIGHTMONKEY.US

Light Monkey is not Salvo. It is a completely separate entity consisting of two (i.e. "some") former Salvo employees. They did not mention anything about discharging anybody. They said they chose to remain a 2-person (new) company for the time being and opted not to hire any others from among the former Salvo crew.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Light Monkey is not Salvo. It is a completely separate entity consisting of two (i.e. "some") former Salvo employees. They did not mention anything about discharging anybody. They said they chose to remain a 2-person (new) company for the time being and opted not to hire any others from among the former Salvo crew.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That is correct. They choose not to hire "sharp as spoon" former employees of Salvo which is wholly different from firing said spoons. They (Cory & Joel) seem genuinely dedicated to the quality of their products and subsequent customer service which is why I placed order for canister light with dealer just yesterday.

....so Salvo went out of business...reopened as Leviathan.....and now is known as Light Monkey ??? ...what's up with that ??? ...are they still on the run from Halcyon's laswyers ?

Who cares? The guy needs a quality light and that is what this thread is about. He is looking for someone who can provide quality advice, not a hijack on something most of us don't care about. Poor taste if you ask me.

Who cares? The guy needs a quality light and that is what this thread is about. He is looking for someone who can provide quality advice, not a hijack on something most of us don't care about. Poor taste if you ask me.

I would care if I were in the market for a light. the possibility of the company going under would concern me. I don't think it's out of line at all.

I would care if I were in the market for a light. the possibility of the company going under would concern me. I don't think it's out of line at all.
Agreed, stability is a concern for me when making such a large purchase. Fortunately they do have a signed letter from Halcyon stating they're in the clear now from what I've heard, but you can't just pretend like it never happened and throw $1400 on the table.

FWIW I did need a fix for my salvo light this weekend, and Corey went out of his way to take care of it for me, and at a very reasonable price. From what I saw, the service quality is still there.

Halycon was fixing Salvo lights soon after their dissolution so I would not call it a hopeless situation if the new enity does not have staying power. Very unlikely IMO with equipment's reputation and owner's attention to customer service...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom