Choppy Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm using the Yi4k. Some video is choppy on playback on the computer. But smooth while viewed from the camera. What causes this issue?

Perhaps Your computer may not be able to handle the 4K playback?. Lots of people have this issue when trying to edit GoPro at 4K in Lightroom. I was all excited about 4K GoPro, took the plunge and shelled out the cash and then discovered that if I wanted to edit any of the footage, I needed to shell out another bucketload for a Mac that could handle the editing :(

Your computer is likely under powered. It could be the processor, video card, memory or possibly some special Yi4k codec you need to install on top of your editing software - GoPro's used to include one.

Somewhere on the website Yi4k probably indicates minimum reguurements. It could also be - but less likely - connection speed between the camera and the computer. The simple way to tell is to download a clip completely and then edit it - if it works - not the problem.

I do HD (not 4K) editing and saw a big improvement when I bought a faster video card with onboard memory.It also has dual monitor outputs so I keep my tools on one and my output preview on the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom