Christmas thank you those who serve us.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
It’s Christmas Eve, and as my wife and I sit contently by the fire, enjoying the holiday music, and the lights, and a mug of warm, and each other…somewhere in a firehouse, men and women have left their families to wait for the alarm that may come. And while we fill the stockings and put out the gifts, a fire is being fought, a child is rescued from a smoke filled room, and a family’s treasured positions are being saved.
As we sleep peacefully in our beds, police officers patrol the neighborhoods, protecting the valuable gifts that lay vulnerable beneath the tree. Later this night, officers respond to a domestic quarrel, a robbery, an act of senseless violence. It is Christmas Eve.
Morning comes. And while our children and grandchildren excitedly open gifts, an EMT responds to a car wreck, working furiously to save the innocent mom and dad mangled by the drunk who sits uninjured in the patrol car’s back seat. One of the EMT’s holds the child that did not survive.
But this Christmas morning there is music in our home, and laughter, and love. It is a good noisy. It sounds like love. The turkey smells just right, and grandpa and grandson are playing on the floor with the new toys. Soon we will feast.
At the hospital, doctors and nurses attend to the sick, the injured, the dead. Their families are used to being without them, so they say, on Christmas.
I might not think of you who serve and sacrifice on Christmas day. Most of us don’t. We know you’re out there, protecting us, saving us, giving us this day. But we forget you’re there, and if we are reminded by seeing you (which we hope not to be), it is likely through tragedy.
For those of you in law and rescue and medical who work on Christmas, thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

And for those who serve in our armed forces in Iraq, and to their families separated from them, there are no words.

Thank you.

Well done Rick.

Dont forget those in far away places that are often forgotten....yet continue to serve....the heroes of today....the veterans and forgotten of tomorrow.

Thank you, Rick

Any Christmas Eve I work I always start the shift thinking that it probably won't be busy because its Christmas Eve but each one always seems to be busy anyway. Tonight is no different so far but I'll be heading home after the shift where Christmas will wait for me.
We're all OK here

Very nice of you to not only think of these things but also to write them up on the board.

Merry Christmas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom