Christmas Trip to Socorro - lots of Mantas and Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Premo83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just finished editing my video from a recent trip over Christmas to the Revillagigedo Islands aka Socorro. Current was very slow but we still had good big animal encounters.

I used the Sony A6500 with a 10-18mm F4 lens in a Nauticam Housing.

I hope you guys enjoy:

Nicely done. Looks like this was an incredible trip.

Great video!

I went there with Nautilus Undersea about the same time you did, but didn't see your boat. We only saw Rocio del Mar at the very end of our trip on December 30, 2018. The Nautilus fleet may have coordinated in such away so we won't crowding the same dive sites, I guess.

At least we saw the same things you did.

Socorro 22-30 December, 2018 Trip Report

Fantastic! My wife and I will be in Socorro this coming May aboard the Nautilus Explorer and your video is definitely getting me fired up for the trip!

Stunning-- Great video! Looks like you were on the Belle Amie. How did you like it?

I enjoyed it on the Belle Amie. I have been now a couple times on it and the crew and food always has been great. there's lot of space. Maybe next time I would go on a smaller one so that there are less divers in the water. I general it has not been a problem but on the last trip the action was in a few spots so it sometimes got crowded.

Great video!

I went there with Nautilus Undersea about the same time you did, but didn't see your boat. We only saw Rocio del Mar at the very end of our trip on December 30, 2018. The Nautilus fleet may have coordinated in such away so we won't crowding the same dive sites, I guess.

At least we saw the same thing you did.

Socorro 22-30 December, 2018 Trip Report

Yes most of the time there was no other boat around. On the last diving day we had couple boats next to us.

Fantastic! My wife and I will be in Socorro this coming May aboard the Nautilus Explorer and your video is definitely getting me fired up for the trip!

Thanks. You will have a great time in Socorro I'm sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom