Clarance town, Long Island Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seeker242

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So has anyone ever dove Long Island Bahamas? Are there any shops there? I think there is one way on the north side but I'll be going to Clarence Town for work, and was going to try to get some dives in. Is it really a 1 hr drive from Clarance town to the north end? That's long! Apparently, "Dean's Blue Hole" is nearby but it seems just like a sinkhole that freedivers like, rather than a typical dive spot.

Hi, I just returned from Long Island on Saturday. We went diving with Robert Coakley out of Stella Maris Resort in the north. And as far as I know (and I've been there 5 times now) there isn't anyone renting tanks or gear in the south and there is certainly no dive shop. Tanks and gear are available from Cape Santa Maria Resort and Stella Maris Resort in the north. And yes, I just did the drive from Clarencetown to Stella Maris and it took an hour and that was actually making good time. It could take alot longer. The roads are washed out in some places so you have to slow down and also slow down through the settlements. Plus if you get behind a big truck or a slow person... I think the diving is worth the drive though. Robert may be able to meet you at Dean's Blue Hole if you ask but there's nothing in there except big tarpon etc. Not sure how the diving is around the bend from the hole but it's rare the ocean is calm enough to dive on that side. Let us know how it goes. And TAKE BUG SPRAY!!!

Back
Top Bottom