Suggestion Clean and Sober Thread Closed For...??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
G

gratefuljames

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm really having a hard time with the over-moderation of posts and threads on this board. If you want to live in a sanitized society, find one where the leader acts like a dictator making secret rulings allowing secret invasions of privacy by governmental entities without benefit of constiutional protections or warrants and...and...and...oh...errrr...ah....well, ok, you know what I mean! I'd like to know why my thread was closed? I don't see anything in there that violates TOS...anyone?

Hi there Pilot Fish. James I c u r in Clearwater where do u dive around here or do you even bother? I am wanting to go somewhere like yesterday that is close.

gratefuljames:
I'm really having a hard time with the over-moderation of posts and threads on this board. If you want to live in a sanitized society, find one where the leader acts like a dictator making secret rulings allowing secret invasions of privacy by governmental entities without benefit of constiutional protections or warrants and...and...and...oh...errrr...ah....well, ok, you know what I mean! I'd like to know why my thread was closed? I don't see anything in there that violates TOS...anyone?

Several weeks ago I responded to a couple different posts on the same thread. It was determined by the moderater to be (inciteful) my word and they were removed. I disagreed and I imediately wrote to the staff. SB responded very quickly with an explanation as to why they determined my post should be ommitted. To this day I disagree HOWEVER I do respect thier reasons if my posts were recieved the way THEY interpreted them. Perhaps I could have been more clear and thought it out a little better. Overall I think the staff here does an excellent job moderating with very few exceptions. Dont let one incident sour you, try to look at the overall picture and volume they have to deal with. Just my two cents.

Missdirected:
Hi there Pilot Fish. James I c u r in Clearwater where do u dive around here or do you even bother? I am wanting to go somewhere like yesterday that is close.

Around here? I do dive Florida, Lauderdale and Key Largo, so far. Is that what you mean?

Pilot, I was saying hello 2 u but I was asking James about diving as he is down the street from me about 20 minutes. I am so desperate for diving, Aruba didn't fill my need, I am thinking of diving around here (something in driving distance) that's all.

Missdirected:
Pilot, I was saying hello 2 u but I was asking James about diving as he is down the street from me about 20 minutes. I am so desperate for diving, Aruba didn't fill my need, I am thinking of diving around here (something in driving distance) that's all.

New York, now??????????????? brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I live in NY too, but diving here? now? I'm not THAT desperate to dive.

Earth to Pilot...you need a co-pilot...I am in Clearwater, Miss is in Tampa, you are in New York...any questions?

gratefuljames:
Earth to Pilot...you need a co-pilot...I am in Clearwater, Miss is in Tampa, you are in New York...any questions?

What am I thinking? I thought you were a fellow New Yawker?

Back
Top Bottom