Suggestion Clean and Sober Thread Closed For...??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
G

gratefuljames

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm really having a hard time with the over-moderation of posts and threads on this board. If you want to live in a sanitized society, find one where the leader acts like a dictator making secret rulings allowing secret invasions of privacy by governmental entities without benefit of constiutional protections or warrants and...and...and...oh...errrr...ah....well, ok, you know what I mean! I'd like to know why my thread was closed? I don't see anything in there that violates TOS...anyone?

Sasquatch:
I heard they were shutting down the internet. Something about national security and the Patriot Act...

What do you mean "act"? They're going to make a run at the Playoffs now that a lot of their injured players are coming back and Brady is in form. And what do the Patriots have to do with closing down a thread?

Hank49:
What do you mean "act"? They're going to make a run at the Playoffs now that a lot of their injured players are coming back and Brady is in form.
Of course, they're all acting like they can actually play...

On my last dive trip I was sitting at the bar drinking bottled water, [yeah, I got some of those, what are you a sissy looks, which I find amusing ] while some divers were woofing down mixed drinks and puffing on cigarettes. Those are two things, cigs & booze, I consider deadly to divers. This one guy was drinking quite heavily in the time I was sitting there, while smoking 2 or 3 cigarettes. I asked him if he was diving tomorrow and he said, yes. I said, really? I didn't feel it was my place to point out the obvious -you'll feel like hell in the morning and might get bent.

I didn't see it but heard that he made it to the dock with all his gear, then suddenly said he was not diving and left. THANK GOD. He at least had some sense to listen to his body that morning.

My question, have you seen many divers drinking and smoking in the evening before a dive the next day? I'm not talking about a glass of wine with dinner but drinking to excess. I still can't understand smoking, which I put at roughly, 40% of divers.

Back
Top Bottom