Clearing Mask - Tusa Freedom Elite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vuk Milicevic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking for tips other than standard technique on how to clear a Tusa Freedom Elite mask (trying to be as specific as possible here). Amazon.com : Tusa Freedom Elite Scuba Mask, M-1003 - Black : Sports & Outdoors

I can clear the majority of the mask out but not quite all the way. I've tried the two fingers over each side of the mask, two fingers over the top/middle of the mask, blowing out through nose until I'm completely out of breath etc. and nothing quite clears it to my satisfaction.

I will add that the mask fits great and does not allow water in. But when intentionally letting water slip in, it gives me problem clearing all the way.

Appreciate the advice in advance.

I have that mask, and love it. I find sometimes that I get water stuck in one half of the lense- so I tilt my head, then look up while gently lifting the bottom portion of the mask off my face (not too far) then blowing out my nose.
Hope that makes sense

I have that mask, and love it. I find sometimes that I get water stuck in one half of the lense- so I tilt my head, then look up while gently lifting the bottom portion of the mask off my face (not too far) then blowing out my nose.
Hope that makes sense
Thank you for this. I definitely know what you're referring to as I had the exact same issue happen. As far as hand placement is concerned, where are you putting your hands on the mask when clearing?

So think of making a "C" with your hand. If your mask is on your face, put your hands in the C position on the sides of the mask. Your index fingers apply pressure directed downwards to the top portion of the mask, while your thumbs gently apply pressure upward to the bottom portion of the mask (all on the mask frame, not the silicon skirt). If that doesn't make sense, I can take pictures and see if I can figure out how to post them:).

So think of making a "C" with your hand. If your mask is on your face, put your hands in the C position on the sides of the mask. Your index fingers apply pressure directed downwards to the top portion of the mask, while your thumbs gently apply pressure upward to the bottom portion of the mask (all on the mask frame, not the silicon skirt). If that doesn't make sense, I can take pictures and see if I can figure out how to post them:).
Awesome. Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to give that a go this weekend.

I get this I have the freedom HD and it is difficult to fully clear, waters stays in the lower pockets.

Back
Top Bottom