Climate from July to August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobsagget

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be spending a few weeks in Cozumel completing my divemaster certification from late July through most of August. I have done a lot of research on the weather (ie average rainfall, average temp, etc.) I just want to know what the sunshine will be like. Will most days be overcast with occasional rain or is it sunny most days with occasional showers. Thank you!

It will look mostly like this:

1hfrxj.jpg

yes,

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Not too hot like the mainland of the Yucatan. Being an island surrounded by 86 F water, it is difficult (with any breeze) to get hotter than that. I spread my time between Houston and Cozumel and I'd always prefer Cozumel in the summer….on weather alone!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I haven't spent alot of time in TX in the summer. I can tell you in Coz, you walk on the shady side of the street in summer!

But it doesn't make the margaritas warm, so no worries....

It's not as temp hot as Tx or Ok in summer - but the humidity and the closeness of the sun make it feel a LOT hotter to me. Been going for 20 years - and once and ONLY once in August......was not my cup of tea lol. And I am an Okie who sees 100-110 in summer. :)June is by far our fav month in summer to visit.

The thing about the weather/heat here, as compared to Texas, is when you step into the shade the temperture probably drops 10 degrees or so. Probably 95% of the time there's a nice breeze all day long.

you walk on the shady side of the street in summer!

Yeah ya do! It never ceases to amaze me how the cruise ship crowds can't comprehend the simple concept of SHADE. Even a dog knows where to find shade.

If you're coming from the swamp known as Louisiana, you'll love the cooler weather and breeze.

If you're coming from Los Angeles, it'll be warmer - but you can breath the air safely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom