Clip Attachment for SK7 Compass on Retractor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dermochelys

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I purchased a Suunto SK7 compass on a retractor, and it only came with a split-ring to attach it to a D-ring. However, searching online I see that it now comes with clip type attachment (see on the left in the image below) as well as the split-ring . Does anyone know where I can get just that clip attachment? Can I order one from Suunto? I can't find it on their website.

I don't have my own BCD, and dealing with the split ring is a pain, and having the spit-ring on a bull clip or carabiner makes the whole set-up pretty long and doubles the possible attachment failure points.

Any help would be really great!

3825.jpg

Last edited:
and having the spit-ring on a bull clip or carabiner makes the whole set-up pretty long and doubles the possible attachment failure points.
Any help would be really great!

Get rid of the retractor. The whole thing is comprised of multiple failure points; adding one more doesn't make much difference.

Last edited:
Here's a simpler solution (with redundant attachment points):

images

For right now I'm just looking for the alternative attachment to the retractor. I'm aware of the pros and cons of each use method and don't want this thread to be a debate between wrist vs. retractor vs. console.

The split ring or the clip as shown in the first picture. The one I purchased only came with the split ring, so I'm looking to find the clip type shown in the lower left of my first posts image.

Since I stared this thread I thought I would wrap it up with what I found out. I submitted a question to Suunto customer support about getting the clip. They informed me (several weeks later) that the retractor for Suunto is actually manufactured by "Gear Keeper" and is the Quick Connect system. Luckily, my local Sport Chalet is going out of business and they happened to have 2 of the clips I was looking for on sale. So I have what I need now, though the kit from Sport Chalet had 2 in it, so I guess now I also have a spare one. For the 2 it cost me $3 (on sale).

For anyone else looking for this clip, or other Suunto retractor attachments, look for the Gear Keeper brand. The specific part number for the clip attachment that I was looking for AC0-0917 "Snap Clip".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom