Clipper Dive Report 6/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freedvr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Blue water has finally arrived on the Clipper!!! Today we could see the Clipper from the surface with a mask and snorkel. I tied off to the ship and as I entered the water some playful dolphin came so close, if I wouldn't have been carrying the down line in a pretty stiff current I could have reached out and touched them. Running dives out to the Clipper for American Diving I have probably logged 20 dives on the her so far and never have had viz better than 40 to 50 feet. today was easliy 80 to 100 of cobalt blue bath water. Those of you dived with us last week (k-valve, zinc and ron) would be amazed at the change one week has made out there. We went out with the boy scouts so depth was limited but you could easily go to 90 or 100 feet and have good viz. Things crap out from there but as those of you who have dived her before know, there is plenty to see above those depths anyway. I could go on and on. We are going out again tomorrow so I will try and post some more if I am able.

Oh yeah, seas were 1-3 feet. A couple of good rollers but nothing the scouts couldn't handle.

Bryan

Wow, Bryan, wish I were there.
Hopefully we can get back down again in the late summer or fall.

Please keep the updates coming and have a great summer :D

Sounds cool. I'm hoping to get to dive there sometime in the near future. I'm still a bit broke from my FL trip last week.

Glad to hear the visibility has improved. I really enjoyed it when I went there with Mack at the end of May. American Divers runs a top notch outfit, thank you for the excellent service. Please keep us posted on the conditions.

-Brad

Thanks for the report Bryan. Those scouts are from Austin, so treat em right :D I'm glas the vis is better, but what about the thermocline?

Mack,
A couple of those scouts were trained out of your store. All did fantastic and it appears they all had a great time. That thermocline is still there but now it is around 100 feet. Gets dark and cold so I have yet to go below 106 feet on the clip according to my computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom