Closed Circuit O2 Rebreathers and Training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For info: here is a pendulum.
The canister has only a circle of holes as the gas goes twice through the canister and the same unique breathing hose.
20200418_172429.jpg

For info: here is a pendulum.
The canister has only a circle of holes as the gas goes twice through the canister and the same unique breathing hose.
View attachment 668534
This looks almost identical to the Cressi 57B I used during my training in the seventies...
I did like the Cressi.
Instead I did never like too much the Technisub; albeit technically superior to the pendulus units, it is heavy, the hard shell (similar to the Draeger) is uncomfortable, and the double scrubber was heating terribly the mixture, it was so hot that it was unbearable in warm water...
Instead I love the Caimano MK4: it is light, soft, very hydrodynamic , breathing is very easy.
But if buying one new, I would go for the newer SIEL model, the super-slim SEAL MK1 Pro:
seal02_2.JPG

SIEL Advanced Sea System

Yes the Cressi is nice and has a "catch saliva" :) at the bottom of the breathing hose. In mine, an OMG MK1, I need to put a sponge between the cover and the canister :) :)
Yes I have been told the Technisub was a good idea on paper but ... :)
The new SIEL looks sleek :) but similar to the Castoro-caimano and co.
It is difficult to get simplier than this simple o2 rb concept :)

Some videos about the Castoro. They might be handy.

Well, I've seen over the years several pure 02 military rebreathers for sales in France (from Oxygers 57, to LARV and Castoro) and I must admit I've never seen one going for less. You might get something cheaper if you look for a Russian IDA or RG-UFM from the former DDR, but personaly I find those 2 really way too exotic for my taste. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom