Closed reefs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaNYC16

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Someone just said that Colombia and Palancar are closed for August and September? I thought the reef closure was over and with no cruise ships and less divers, why would they need to do this now?

Someone just said that Colombia and Palancar are closed for August and September? I thought the reef closure was over and with no cruise ships and less divers, why would they need to do this now?
Palancar caves , palancar bricks and Columbia reefs are closed for the Aug Sept period

Got confirmation from DM that gardens and horseshoe open.
No matter as there will be plenty areas open for you to have a funtastic time! When in doubt, go south....very far south :)

Palancar caves down to Chun Chacaab is closed till October first. Maracaibo (deep) is still open and everything from Palancar Horseshoe and North is open.
It's an expensive trip down to Maracaibo with a partial load and it is a deep dive.

Here's the schedule:

upload_2020-8-26_15-34-57.png

Personally, I can spend a whole week right here....Maracaibo!!!!!!!!!!!

I stand corrected, I was in error going off memory, I thought Maracaibo remained open, obviously not. Thank you for posting a clean copy of the closure notice. It would be helpful if the MODs would post it as a sticky as this question will come up again especially when the great white north starts to travel again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom