Clothing donations for Katrina victims...need "mules"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've already sent my donations to various charities, but I have a BUNCH of clothes, slightly worn, in good condition that i want to send back to the states for Katrina victims as well.

Anyone coming down to Cozumel willing to take these clothing and some small household item donations back to the states for me, please contact me via PM here or e-mail at info@bluextseadiving.com

Thanks in advance!

Christi:
I've already sent my donations to various charities, but I have a BUNCH of clothes, slightly worn, in good condition that i want to send back to the states for Katrina victims as well.

Anyone coming down to Cozumel willing to take these clothing and some small household item donations back to the states for me, please contact me via PM here or e-mail at info@bluextseadiving.com

Thanks in advance!

Christi,

FYI
We have Katrina victims that were flown to shelters set up in Arizona this last week and they (the Red Cross I believe) will only take new clothes and other new items for them. I am not sure why slightly worn and in good condition clothes are not wanted. They also say they really only want money and nothing else for the victims.

Thanks,

Ruth

azsilver:
Christi,

FYI
We have Katrina victims that were flown to shelters set up in Arizona this last week and they (the Red Cross I believe) will only take new clothes and other new items for them. I am not sure why slightly worn and in good condition clothes are not wanted. They also say they really only want money and nothing else for the victims.

Thanks,

Ruth

Thank you Ruth! Several other people have commented on this as well. I think I am going to have a garage sale here and then give the proceeds to the relief effort...I've already sent all the cash I can until next month probably. Some of my local freinds here said they would also donate some things and help with the garage sale. People really helped us out after Emily, so this is the very least I think we can do in return!

Thanks again!

Hi Christi,

There are some relocated people that were brought up here to Elgin Il. and are living in a closed down state mental institution. They are some of the ones that got out with just the clothes on their backs. They will take clean used clothing. I'll make sure to see you this comming weekend.

Lou

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom