ClubMed San Salvador Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbs

Contributor
Reaction score
I have reviewed this resort/location in the past so I will only post some updates here. The dive op - Seafari continues to improve. This was the first time that they clearly stated dive times up to 1 hour. When they spun off from ClubMed it was kinda unofficial, but now clearly stated. Nitrox was 31% all week. They went out with 2 boats most days. Boats are big cats. One boat was for buddy divers and the other was groups and lessons/training. Some days the buddy boat had less than 1 dozen divers! Plenty of food/water onboard.
The water was very sharky. Nurse and reef sharks were with us on every dive. This is not a location if your primary focus is macro. One couple was disappointed by this. They are heading to Bonaire next and I let them know they would not be disappointed :wink: The only change in the resort itself since we were there last (3 years ago) is the restaurant and bar above the dive center is totally redone.
Feel free to ask any questions, otherwise I will leave you with a few sharky photos.

Attachments

• DSC04003.png
    DSC04003.png
    437.4 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC04019.png
    DSC04019.png
    440 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC04023.png
    DSC04023.png
    490.4 KB · Views: 227
Thanks for this write up. My partner is not a diver so I a have been looking for a tropical destination where she can enjoy being on a boat, snorkeling, etc. while I am diving. Sounds like this might be worth a look.

Thanks for this write up. My partner is not a diver so I a have been looking for a tropical destination where she can enjoy being on a boat, snorkeling, etc. while I am diving. Sounds like this might be worth a look.
Snorkelers are generally not on the same boat as the divers if that is what you mean? Separate snorkel boats go out in the morning and afternoons.

We are headed there to ClubMed in June. Three of the five of us has been there and enjoyed the diving. What was the water temp and viz while you were there?

I've been to both clubmed Columbus Isle and Turks and Caicos. Seafari runs a great dive operation. Columbus Isle is a bit more diver focused. We consistently got hour long dives. Sharks on every dive. The trio of dolphins came and hung out on a couple.

For a non-diver, club med Turks and Caicos is a better option, and the diving is also fantastic.

My DC consistently said 80F. Viz varies, but on most dives I would say well up to 100'
Just downloaded my dives and although most did show 80F I did get a low of 74F at depth on one and a few in the mid to upper 70's... I personally was fine in my 3mm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom