Clueless Beginner on Open Heel Fins with Wetsuit Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't feel like getting another pair of fins, so I even wear my open heel fins and neoprene booties when diving in warm water in a 3mm shorty. It looks silly, kind of like wearing black socks with shorts, but it works!

OP even if it takes time I would recommend you have the proper fin / footwear comb for the diving you are doing. Your fins are the only thing you have to get you around, the fins should be comfortable to wear and use for however long your dives may last. Start off buying what you'll use most and work from there. If you know what you want for fins and are familiar with how the sizes run for your type of fin then EBay is the place to save some money.

I have a pair of L open heel fins w/ spring straps (because everything else sucks) for my wet suit rock booties. a pair of XL for my rock boots used with my dry suit. There is a backup pair for both. Also a pair of full foot pocket fins for warm water diving, All the same brand and model so there is little difference in the feel and use of any pair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom