CLX450 vs FLX Extreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gfb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Trying to understand where the CLX & FLX fall in the lineup. I have a TLS and a CF but lately have been finding the TLS much more comfortable and considering replacing the CF. I tried a CLX at the DOG event last week and it felt good, but I didn't think to try the FLX.

Any thoughts? I love the durability of the CF but wouldn't mind stepping down a notch to get myself more mobility.

So the CLX is all cordura? Which parts of the FLX are cordura? Both have Poly/Trilam bottoms, right? The page for the FLX says there is cordura on legs also? Confusing much? :)

Thanks!

The range of options can certainly get confusing. The CLX450 is a cordura top with polyester bottom. The FLX Extreme is all polyester with cordura knee overlays so the weight and durability is in between the TLS350 and CLX450. The FLX 5050 is has a polyester top and crushed neoprene bottoms. That suit is often used by those in the NE and NW who are doing a lot of shore diving over rocks. I hope this helps. Thanks!

Faith

I dove all three, and loved the FLX Extreme. On Land it is stiffer and heavier than the the TLS but in the water I couldn't tell the difference. The CLX was awesome but felt a little stiffer in the upper body which could be felt in the water. It was still super comfortable but I could feel the material pull as I moved around. The FLX seemed to be a more durable thicker material then the TLS but didn't feel any different in the water. The extra durability along with no perceived (at least for me) difference in the water made it an easy sell.

Right after I dove the FLX, I ordered one : ) Waiting for it to come in now. The wait is painful : )

What FOrtins said FLX fits inbetween the CLX and TLS. You guys really need to dive Bare Trilam , after that all those 3 would feel like TLS :D

We have a handful of folks out here in the northwest who'd all jumped at FLXEXTREME suits immediately after trying them on.... they are very happy with the flexibility and mobility allowed. I have a CF200 and a CLX450... i find the upper body on the CLX450 rather stiff, though sized correctly and once its wet, it is still fine for doing valve drills all day long (same with the CF200, have no issues with valve drills in that either - but again, a lot of it is about a correctly fitting suit and undergarment). My next suit will be a FLXEXTREME for sure.. when i got the CLX the FLX was not really an option for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom