COBALT COAST RESORT on GRAND CAYMAN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is an excellent group of "no drama" divers. @BDSC really puts together a good trip. Come join the fun. :bounce::bounce::bounce::)

this message brought to you by an interested 3rd party with no remuneration provided (other than a promise NOT to drown my a** on the next dive)

This is an excellent group of "no drama" divers. @BDSC really puts together a good trip. Come join the fun. :bounce::bounce::bounce::)

this message brought to you by an interested 3rd party with no remuneration provided (other than a promise NOT to drown my a** on the next dive)

Thanks Man! We do have a good group I think. That's why the group continues to grow and grow.

Ash

...When I booked they told me everything should be like new by the time we were going. I've been to their other resorts numerous times but not to CC. I asked what kind of deal would they make me if I booked the entire resort so this was it. As long as I fill most of it they are good with that which I am well past that point.

More good news about your upcoming trip to Cobalt Coast. A negative review of the resort was posted on TripAdvisor a few days ago. The individual had previously stayed at LCBR and liked it a lot but he was very disappointed with CCGCR. He was unsatisfied with the food, the AC, and the WiFi service. He was there in October but just got around to posting his review recently. He was pleased with the diving.

The manager at CCGCR responded to the review with an apology and an update on the renovations, see below.

"Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this review

Responded 2 days ago

It's important to note that your review is regarding your stay in October 2017, so many of the areas in which you expressed dissatisfaction are now in much better places than they were 5 months ago.

We have a new culinary staff whose foods are making more recent guests happy They follow the same strict standards we have for food preparation and handling at our other resorts.

In February we started a complete replacement of the old central AC system in our main resort building. We are about 50% done installing new, individually controlled units in each room. This should make all guests more comfortable.

We actually do have a dedicated IT team for all our resorts. They have assessed the system and are in agreement that it is in need of an upgrade. Once we have completed the construction-type projects currently in process, we will be running new wires and replacing that old system. At this time we don't have an ETA but hope it's by the end of the year So until then we have to make do with the current system, knowing something better isn't too far in the future.

We've owned this resort for only about 2 years. It opened as a new resort in 2000, and previous owners may not have done as much preventative maintenance we do on our other 2 resorts - so we still are discovering projects we didn't know needed to be done. Our goal is to have the same standard of service here as we offer guests at Cayman Brac Beach Resort and Little Cayman Beach Resort. We now have a great staff in place to execute the plans and make this a reality. We're always sorry to disappoint and are sending you a gift certificate toward your next visit to any of our resorts as thanks for being a repeat visitor."

Last edited:
Here's an update on renovations at Cobalt Coast, posted by the resort management on Trip Advisor a few days ago, in response to a very positive review of the resort posted by a recent visitor.

"...We appreciate that you recognize we have made changes and still have some to do. We hope to have most done by the end of 2018. Remaining big projects include new bathrooms in all the rooms at our main resort that haven't already had them done. And we are looking at options for replacing or rebuilding the dive lockers but haven't landed on a final plan, yet."

@BDSC you were really smart to book the resort early at a great price but also allow plenty of time for them to renovate the property!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom