Cobra And Eon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DLEGARE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have an original Cobra that only has about 80 dives on it and the depth sensor failed. Is there anything I could have done to make the sensor fail? It has been kept inside in the padded case when not in use and I have never dropped or banged it around. It's obviously out of warranty but I was curious I have heard of sensor issues. Is this true? I have an original Solution that is still functioning. They are kept together.

Question two.
Due to the failure of my Cobra I purchased an Eon Steel. I went for a checkout dive on 3/30/16 and the Eon is still counting a surface interval. Is this normal? Will it continue to time a surface interval till the next dive?

For the Cobra sensor, there was an issue with early models of the larg face computer sensors. You will find many complaints on the Zoop for example.
I probed the Suunto rep for the same answer and he gave the usual rinse after use but mentioned the issues with early models emphasizing that it was resolved.
For the EON, I haven't dove in over a month and mine is not showing a surface time. My guess is one week to clear OTU/CNS by any standard. But I've never bothered to watch and see how long it is displayed. If you figure it out let us know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom