Cochran EMC-20H Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parzdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is a long shot and more for personal edification, since I have a Shearwater I use for diving.

I was organizing my scuba gear and found my old Cochran EMC-20H dive computer. Battery was completed dead, but I had one that was still good according to my mutlimeter, so I installed it. Computer gets power and screen activates, but it doesn't get past the point of every LED being active on the screen. In other words, all words are active and all number locations are 8s.

Wondering if anyone out there had ever run into this and if there was a way to recover. Some super secret reset sequence. I understand the founder of Cochran passed away and the family decided to shutter the business, so there is no help there.

Again, this is more for personal edification to see if I can get it working again.

Thanks in advance!

It's dead Jim.

Both of my Cochran's died last year. One just like yours, the other with a sensor failure. I tried to canabalize onecto save the other but failed. I suspect the solder joints failed when I breathed on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom