Cochrane EMC-20H vs Cochrane EMC-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hiszpan

Contributor
Reaction score
I normally dive with two Cochranes on my wrists. They run the same algorithm and have the same settings.
What differs them is the amount of the compartments that they track: 16 vs 20.

On Saturday morning I have been doing a cave dive and towards the end of it found out, that the deco obligation on those 2 was quite different.

It puzzles me a bit, as everything is almost identical in terms of data received by those 2 on that dive. The only noticeable difference I see is the max temp. 23 on 16 vs 24 on 20. I do have temperature conservation set to ON on both with Normal setting.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20.pdf
    160.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 16.pdf
    159.6 KB · Views: 54
I have the 16 (bought it because I am an engineer and like the 1 sec data collection).
Unless they are right next to each other the temps will read different. I got to talk to an former Cochran Engineer before i bought mine at Beneath the Sea. Even stacked in a monitored tank 5 units all read different temps because of the temp gradient.

The other difference between the two is the ascent rate. Give Cochran a call they were very responsive to me when setting up the software and I had questions. They walked me through it all.

Back
Top Bottom